The Dawn Treader is a fully insured 6 pack “lobster style” boat that is available in and around Cape Cod waters for diving, documentary film, science or survey purposes. With a technical dive ladder, wide open cockpit and a davit capable of 550lbs we can handle many remote camera systems and small towed survey tools available today. Additionally Marine Imaging Technologies owns and operates 2 Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV’s), a wide array of HD, 4K and stereoscopic cameras and has a fabrication shop for your special fabrication needs. Please contact us for more information.
Vessel Vital Statistics
- LOA 31’
- Beam 11’
- Draws 3.5’
- Single Right hand Screw
- Prop: 23x24
- Shaft 1.75”
- 110V Built Inverter for 110V power system and additional Honda Generator for charging or extended 110V ops with no engine
Engine and Fuel System
- 350HOP Yanmar 6LY-STE
- There is a port and starboard tank that each carry about 65 Gallons for a total of 130 Gallons. 4 additional Gerry cans of 15 gallons each available upon request.
- Davit: 500lb hand crank davit on stern in center
- Swim Platform
- Christmas Tree Ladder
- Fly bridge with helm control and radio
- 3 bilge pumps
- Several folding tables available for science use
- Fully functional head, galley (with microwave, stove, refrigerator) and V-Berth for overnight use
- 42 Gallons of Fresh Water (non potable) – additional 20 gallon tank available upon request
- Hot water and outside hot water shower available.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS INFO
- House Battery System – 2 each 12V batteries in parallel for all day use of general boat systems.
- Separate Starting Battery
- The Honda 2000 Generator is used for running extended 110V operations and for charging batteries if engine is not run.
- The 1500w Inverter is clean power for sensitive electronics and can be powered via the Honda generator as well
- Various 110V receptacles located around vessel. 12V available at helm and navigation stations.
- RADAR – The SIMRAD NSS7 Radar and back up GPS
- GPS /Bottom Finder– Garmin 740S
- Bottom Finder –Furuno FCV-582
- Standard Horizon Explorer VHF
- Standard Horizon VHF
- RAM 30 – There is a plug in radio for the fly bridge in the helm seat
- GUEST Search Light – The light is wireless and the controller in sitting on the helm. Electronics Breaker must be on for use
- EPIRB – UIN #2DCC7B7460FFBFF, ACR Model RLB-36, SN 14896, EXP 5/2021